Our guest suites are in the style of two-bedroom condominiums (1 bath) featuring comfortable seating for five guests and cable television (living room only). A front deck is available for fair-weather seating. The master bedroom has two closets, ample bureau storage, and a queen-sized bed. The second bedroom has two twin beds, bureau, and closet storage. Our kitchens are fully equipped with pots, pans, silverware, dishes, a toaster and coffee pot. Coffee packets are available for a nominal charge at the front desk.
Soak in the hot tub or relax in the sauna, then enjoy our 80 degree indoor pool. You'll love the wrap-around deck with outstanding views of the river and surrounding foothills. The River View Resort is a great place to observe the fall foliage or the local wildlife. Walk down to the river and paddle a canoe or stroll down the River Walk.
Other amenities include tennis, croquet, horseshoes, a game room with table tennis and pinball, and eating barbecue on the lawn. See the THINGS TO DO section of this website for other local activities.
There are some common questions that many guests ask. In order to save you some time, we have compiled some basic information for you. Of course, we would love to hear from you, so if you don't find your answers here, please feel free to call us.
1. HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN STAY IN A ROOM? A maximum of 5 people in regular rooms and 6 people in Time-share units. Fifth person in regular room uses a rollaway bed (limited supply, book early). Time-share units have 1 queen bed, two twins and a full sofa bed.
2. WHAT ARE YOUR RATES BASED ON? All rates are based on double occupancy. Add 7% Maine state lodging tax to all rates. Discounts may be available for stays of seven nights or more.
3. DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS FOR CHILDREN? There are no discounts for children.
4. DO YOU HAVE A MINIMUM STAY? Minimum stays are required during peak periods.
5. IS THERE A DEPOSIT REQUIRED? A deposit totaling 50% of the entire stay for 2 or more days, or 100% for a one night stay is required to confirm a reservation and hold a room. Deposits must be received within 10 days of making a reservation; checks or money orders should be made payable to the River View. You may use your credit card when you call.
6. WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY? Cancellation must be received before 14 days of intended arrival. A $20 processing fee will be charged for all cancellations. Cancellations received less than 14 days before arrival will be charged the entire deposit. NO SHOWS without cancellation calls will be charged for the entire stay.
7. ARE THERE ANY OTHER RESTRICTIONS? For the comfort and safety of our guests we are a non-smoking resort and do not allow pets. Also, we require adult supervision of all children under 14 years of age while they are in the pool area and in the canoes.
8. WHAT TIME IS CHECK IN? After 3:00 PM. Guest arriving sooner are welcome to use the other facilities.
9. WHAT TIME IS CHECK OUT? 10:00 AM. In a few circumstances we can arrange a later check-out time if booking and housekeeping needs allow.
10. WHAT ARE THE OFFICE HOURS? Office hours are 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM. Special arrangements can be made with us if guests are arriving after 10:00 PM. Please remember to call us if you are delayed.
Swimming pool & Hot Tub
The swimming pool and hot tub are open from 10:00 am - 10:00 pm. The hot tub is for adults only. No food or drinks allowed in the pool area.
Open 8:00 am -10:00 pm
Open 9:00 am - 10:00 pm
Canoes & Kayaks
Available Memorial Day to Columbus Day weekend
Sign out for use at the Front Desk
Private docking place on the Androscoggin River is available to guests